i don't want to be me anymore

In the stillness of the night, hearing distant words,
reflections whisper with the emotions they store.
I try and make out the words;
"I don't want to be me anymore."

I want to fall down like droplets from the clouds,
I want to feel the rain wash out my face,
I want to feel the wet muddy smell,
growing around and taking me in its embrace.

I want to be an emigrating bird,
leaving behind everything she once held dear,
leaving behind the hell now known as mankind,
as she lets go of her expectations and fear.

I want to be a word in a poem,
a word written to voice unsaid thoughts,
a word they all long to be able to express,
transforming the butterflies in my stomach to knots.

I want to be a mirrorball in a dancefloor,
spinning as if nothing else matters.
The source of light for everyone,
shining brightly even though she's shattered.

I know I'm still a believer, but I don't know why,
have never been a natural, all I do is try, try, try.

For if I stop trying,
shrug off their words, and see.
Would I be any one of these great things?
And would I finally want to be me? 

                                                                              - Ojasvi Dutta










Comments

Popular Posts