my soul

She is bound to my body,

but she wants to be free,

She can be really delicate sometimes,

but she makes me... me.


Why does she have to be locked up,

While I roam around?

Why does she handle everything,

but can't experience touch, sight, or sound?


In my body, inside a small place, she lives

even she doesn't know where,

No matter how big a mistake I make,

she always stays there.


She is normally not visible,

but I have seen her before really,

Whenever I have broken down or given up,

I could see her in the mirror staring right back at me.


She stays silent,

never utters a single word,

she is there I know,

for I always feel her.


That small tug on my hand,

keeping me from doing something wrong,

and that little light in my heart,

Reminding me how far I've come.


The only one who would believe in me,

if I commit to something impossible right now,

She will love me even if I fail,

She will bring my hopes up, I don't know-how.


I wish she could hear me,

although I'm pretty sure she can,

This is just for her to know,

That I understand.


She is my everything,

but is nothing at the same time,

I don't know who she is,

I don't even know if she's in my life.


'Why did I write this?'

I'm asking myself now,

But I felt like I saw her,

Right here, right now.


Thank you for staying with me always,

and for helping me get through,

Just know, no matter what happens,

I would always love you too.

                                                                                                                        - Chia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts