What if ?

My attention dies down,

The chatter is slowly fading out,

I listen to the words inside my head,

Everything around me becomes a silhouette.


My fears and insecurities,

Hide behind my eyes,

All of my deepest nightmares,

Slowly start coming to life.


Darkness surrounds me in a silent room,

There is nothing there it seems,

No air to breathe, nowhere to go,

The only thing present is me.


Suddenly a snap brings me back to life,

Releasing a deep breath... I notice,

Everything is the same, just like every day,

Everything is ordinary that is...


Am I sure this is the real world?

Or was the darkroom not made up?

Do we really have a vast universe,

Or is there nobody there except us?


One person, one mind, one life, one place,

Is that everything that is there?

What if there is nothing "ordinary"?

What if the world is really that unfair?


For I am nothing compared to the stars,

Or the humongous planets out there,

But right now I'm no one,

It's just my mind in a place nobody knows where...


I am alone here,

I do not have anyone with me,

But what if that's also a myth,

What if all that exists is nothing...really.



                                                                                                               -Chia

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts